Effective May 17, 2020
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
This Privacy Notice describes how Loudoun Title collects, uses, stores, and shares your information.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we receive from or about you: (1) when you access or use our website (“Website”), or services (“Services”); (2) when you communicate with us in any manner, including by email, telephone, and in person; and (3) from third party sources.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. The practices described in this Privacy Notice are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate.
BY ACCESSING AND USING OUR WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES, OR BY COMMUNICATING WITH US IN ANY MANNER, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Depending upon the Website or Services you access or use, the nature of your communications with us, and the applicable laws, we may collect both personal and non-personal information about and from you.
Personal information is non-public information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify or contact you. Examples of categories of personal information include, but may not be limited to:
· Name, alias, or social media handle
· Date of birth
· Postal and/or e-mail address
· Account name and/or account number
· Social security number
· Driver’s license number
· License plate information
· Passport number
· State identification number
· Bank, credit, or debit card number
· Financial information
· Insurance policy number
· Biometric information
Non-personal information is any other type of information. Examples of non-personal information include, but may not be limited to:
· Publicly available information
· Aggregate or de-identified information
· Browser type and version
· Browser settings
· Browser plug-in types and versions
· Operating systems and platform
· Device type and operating information
· Mobile carrier
· Page response time and download errors
· Time zone
· Zip code
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect your personal and non-personal information in three ways:
Directly from you when you access or use our Website or Services, or when you communicate with us in any manner, including but not limited to:
· Information you provide by filling forms on Website, including information provided at the time of registering for any Product or event, posting material or requesting further services or information;
· Information you provide when you access or use our Services;
· Information you provide when you report a problem with our Website;
· Records and copies of your correspondence (e.g., email address) if you contact us;
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete;
· Details of transactions you carry out through our Website, and the fulfillment of your orders; and
· Your search queries on the Website.
Automatically when you access or use our Website or Services, or when you communicate with us, including but not limited to:
· Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data;
· Information about your computer and mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and
· Interactivity with an e-mail, including opening, navigating, and click-through information.
From third parties, including business partners and affiliates, including but not limited to:
· Statistical data relating to your Website activity;
· Social media profile information and activity, including your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform;
· Transactional histories with third parties; and
· Information from public sources, including local, state, and federal government agencies and departments.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your personal information in variety of ways, including but not limited to:
· Provide the Website to you;
· Provide the Services you have requested;
· Fulfill a transaction you requested or service your policy;
· Handle a claim;
· Operate the Website, including access management, payment processing, Website administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and for statistical purposes;
· Respond to your requests, feedback, or inquiries;
· Comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements;
· Comply with relevant industry standards and our policies;
· Protect and enforce your rights and the rights of other users against unlawful activity, including identity theft and fraud;
· Protect and enforce our collective rights arising under any agreements entered into between Loudoun Title and you or any other third party;
· Protect the integrity and maintain security of our Website and Services;
· Operate, evaluate, and improve our business; and
· Provide you with information and advertisements about products, services, and promotions, from us or third parties, that may interest you.
We may use your non-personal information for any purpose, including but not limited to:
· Deliver content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use the Website;
· Present content in a manner that is optimized for your device; and
· Measure and analyze the effectiveness of the Website and Services we provide to you.
HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED
We do not sell your personal information to nonaffiliated third parties. We will only share your personal information, including to subsidiaries, affiliates, and to unaffiliated third parties in the following situations:
· In a business transfer. We may disclose your personal information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third-parties as a business asset in the transaction.
· To service providers. We may disclose your personal information to third-party vendors and partners who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf (e.g., credit / debit card processing, billing, shipping, repair, customer service, auditing, marketing).
· To subsidiaries and affiliates. We may disclose your personal information to subsidiaries and affiliates to further facilitate your use of our Website and Services, and to ensure the smooth and consistent operations of Loudoun Title.
· For legal process and protection. We may disclose your personal information to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
o Enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for Services;
o Protect our rights or interests, property or safety or that of others;
o In connection with claims, disputes, or litigation – in court or elsewhere;
o Protect users of our Website and Services and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services;
o Facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government; or
o In case of an emergency.
THIRD PARTY SITE LINKS
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites and services. Please note that these links are provided for your convenience and information, and the websites and services may operate independently from us and have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. This Privacy Notice applies to our Website only, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies or practices of any third parties.
Our Website may, from time to time, collect information about your online activities, over time and across different Websites. When you use our Website, third parties may also collect information about your online activities, over time and across different internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Website does not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a “Do Not Track” or similar signal.
Our Website and/or Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from social media platforms. You may choose to connect to us through a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. When you do, we may collect additional information from or about you, such as your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform. Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. When you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button, Twitter’s “tweet” button or the Google+, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser and will directly connect to that provider’s servers. We do not have control over the collection, use and sharing practices of social media platforms. We therefore encourage you to review their usage and disclosure policies and practices, including their data security practices, before using the social media platforms.
HOW INFORMATION IS STORED AND PROTECTED
The security of your personal information is important to us. That is why we take commercially reasonable steps to make sure your personal information is protected. Although no system can guarantee the complete security of your personal information, we will use our best efforts to maintain commercially reasonable technical, organizational, and physical safeguards, consistent with applicable law, to protect your personal information.
HOW LONG INFORMATION IS STORED
We keep your personal information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. We may store some personal information indefinitely, including the period after which your relationship with us has ended. If we dispose of your personal information, we will do so in a way that is secure and appropriate to nature of the information subject to disposal.
Beacons. Our Website and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, storage, and sharing of your personal information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
· Correcting or updating your personal information;
· Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our Services, or Services we think may be of interest to you;
· Choosing whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
· Controlling targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners, data exchanges, and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers. Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative, both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt-out on these pages, visit www.AboutAds.info and www.networkadvertising.org;
· Choosing to control targeted advertising you receive within our Website by using the settings and choices made available to you through your device(s) (e.g., by resetting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opt-out of interest based ads).
Our Website and Services are not intended for children under the age of 18. This includes any links to other websites that we provide for our convenience. We don’t knowingly collect personal information from children for any reason.
Our Website and Services are hosted and offered in the United States of America (US), and are subject to US federal, state, and local law. If you are accessing the Website or Services from another country, please be advised that you may be transferring your personal information to us in the US, and you consent to that transfer and use of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. You also agree to abide by the applicable laws of applicable US federal, state, and local laws concerning your use of the Website and Services, and your agreements with us. Any persons accessing our Website or Services from any jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing the use of the Internet, including the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, different from those of the jurisdictions mentioned above may only use the Website or Services in a manner lawful in their jurisdiction. If your use of the Website or Services would be unlawful in your jurisdiction, you may not use the Website or Services.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any and all changes to this Privacy Notice will be reflected on this page, and where appropriate provided in person or by another electronic method. The effective date will be stated at the top of this Privacy Notice. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you. You should regularly check this page for any changes to this Privacy Notice.
YOUR CONTINUED USE, ACCESS, OR INTERACTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, OR YOUR CONTINUED COMMUNICATIONS WITH US AFTER THE UPDATED PRIVACY NOTICE HAS BEEN POSTED WILL REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
email@example.com or at (703) 723-3777